BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 18, 2010

"Kudos, my hero"- Foo Fighters

Progress! Yes, friends, there's been progress in our fight (I say "our" as if everyone's joined in... HA!). Nevertheless, I've seen it. Granted, it was only a man who was doing his job, and I'm sure it had nothing to do with what I write here (I'm not anywhere NEAR that egotistical!), but it was still a nice thing to see, and I thought I'd share. WARNING! This post is filled with the "warm and fuzzies" for the gent who stepped up, so if you only come here to hear me rant and rave, use foul language, and call people names, you'll be sorely disappointed. Well, except when I mention the fucking bitch who happens to be the antagonist in this post.

I picked up my paycheck from work and headed to Wally World to get it cashed. I have my ride park in a REGULAR PARKING SPACE because it's going on 5pm, and the parking lot's a bit too busy to let me off at the front door. Yes, I'm still in my boot and on my crutches for my foot trouble, but I, for one, realize that my time is no more valuable than anyone else's, and I don't want to inconvenience a mother or father that may be trying to get home to dinner with their family. Besides, I'm an able-bodied, strong, decent kind of guy, I can take care of myself. And I'm single. And I have papers, ladies. Full-blooded American male of Irish/German descent. Likes football (GO BUCKEYES!), long walks after dusk, reading, and indoor picnics. Did I mention single? Uhh, what was I talking about again? Oh, yeah! I was just getting to the good part...

I'm just getting the crutches under my arms when I look up and see a van coming to a stop in the "no parking" zone between the two front doors. A woman gets out of the passenger side, walks in, and the woman behind the wheel just sits there. What she doesn't see (but I do... oh yes...) is the sheriff's car, also parked in the "no parking" zone, behind her (this furthers my theory that the WMS cannot see beyond their own twisted little world). I start making my way to the front door as the sheriff exits his vehicle. I immediately stop where I am, in the handicapped spot nearest the front (nope, I don't have a sticker on my crutch). If what I think is about to happen actually does, I don't want to miss a thing! I am NOT disappointed.

The sheriff reaches her window and actually STARTLES her when he speaks! You got that? This fucking cunt (sorry, ladies, but I can think of no better term) is so engrossed in her own little world that she doesn't even see the guy with the big brown hat and the sidearm walking up to her car door! (For further information on this condition and the consequences thereto, please refer to the post "The WalMart Shopper: An Army Of One") I can't hear what he's telling her, but it's clear by her reaction ("Oh my god, EVERYONE does it!" I CAN hear this) that he's asked her to move her vehicle. And she does. And as she does, I start laughing. I can't help it! It's a win for our team! The WMS in this case has been foiled! I figure I'm going to get my own little dig in, so while I'm laughing I point! At her! And then I laugh louder! It's all very theatrical... And when she gives me that "fuck you" look, I flip her the bird. Which she returns in earnest. I hear "Sir, please." It's the sheriff, and he's speaking to me. But I like to think I saw the ghost of a smile on his lips. I hope so, he certainly brought a little joy into my day. "Sorry, sir," I say, as I proceed across the drive and toward the door. Before I can thank him for his service, he's already walking back to his vehicle. But if he's reading this, by some otherworldly chance, I'll say it now: Thank you, sir. You're doing good work.

And there you have it, friends. A little good news to begin your Friday. A win for the good guys, a loss for the scumbags. But law enforcement can't do it alone, and we shouldn't expect them to, either. When you see that bitch or that prick breaking the law, go inside and let someone know. After that, if nothing happens, at least you've done your part. And I promise to do mine, as well.

And to the passenger who couldn't find her ride when she came out: HAHAHA!!! and a flip of the bird to you, too!

0 comments: